|Phone||+61 2 425 28238|
Professor Pascal Perez is a world leader in participatory modelling of complex systems. He is the co-editor of ‘Complex Science for a Complex World – Exploring Human Ecosystems with Agents” (ANU-E-Press). Before joining the University of Wollongong, he has been a Team Leader at CSIRO and an Associate Professor at the Australian National University. Professor Pascal Perez has 20 years experience working in South East Asia, Western Africa, Pacific Island Countries and Australia.
He is responsible for the management and delivery of all aspects of infrastructure modelling and simulation at the SMART Infrastructure Facility. As Research Director he is responsible for SMART’s academic governance and for establishing strategic scientific partnerships in Australia and beyond.
RESEARCH AREAS AND EXPERTISE
- Participatory decision support tools for Government, Industry and Communities
- Agent based modelling technology
- Urban Liveability
- MSc (Environmental. Studies), 1986, University Montpellier 2, France
- PhD (Environmental. Studies), 1994, University Montpellier 2, France
- Project Leader, Upland Agricultural Innovation project, Indonesia (1996-2000, AFD).
- ARC-International Linkage Fellowship to work on groundwater management (2002-2003, ARC).
- Co-Chair, Modelling & Decision Support group, Coral Reef Targeted Research project (2005-2010, World Bank).
- Chief Investigator, Drug Policy Modelling Program (2005-2010, Colonial Bank Foundation).
HDR STUDENT SUPERVISION
- 2001 - Irianto Gatot, PhD, University of Rennes, France
- 2003 - Nicolas Becu, PhD, University of Montpellier 2, France
- 2005 - Nazmun Ratna, PhD, Australian National University, Australia
- 2007 - Katherine Daniell, Australian National University, Australia
- 2008 - Rachel Lorenzen, PhD, Australian National University, Australia
- 2010 - Magnus Moglia, PhD, Australian National University, Australia
- 2010 - Stefano Balbi, PhD, University of Venice, Italy
- 2011 - Natalie Jones, PhD, University of Queensland, Australia
- 2012 - Francois Lamy, PhD, Charles Sturt University, Australia
- Current - Shiva Pedram, PhD, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Current - Murad Safadi, PhD, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Member of the National Technical Committee of the Australian Urban Infrastructure Network (AURIN)
- Member of the Decision Support Division of Simulation Australia
- Member of the European Social Simulation Association (ESSA)
- Member of the Modelling & Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand (MSSANZ)
- Member of the Australian Coastal Society (ACS)